4.04.2008

...

It was just an ordinary day... I woke up with the sun hitting my face. I sat in my bed for a while, mentally jotting down the things I would do for the day. Days are passing by so slowly I thought.

I was preoccupied the whole day contemplating about the things that are slowly unfolding in front of my face. A lot of questions in my head need answers. It's ironic seeing so many people I'm familiar with but still feeling alone. I suddenly gasped for air. It felt as if something is stucked in my throat. I need to get out and get some air.

And so I went to see a friend but it turns out he's unavailable. I need someone to talk and let this seething angst get out of my system. I feel more and more alone so I quickly retreated to my own little space.

And there I was, back into my own little dungeon. I blankly stared onto the four corners of room. I suddenly felt relieved. I suddenly felt I belong. The mid-day heat is at it's peak but I didn't care. I could hear noises outside my room but I didn't budge.

I slowly moved my fingers to my little shelf and rummaged for something I could read but couldn't find any. I must've read all the books and magazines for at least a couple of times.

I went to my bed and curled. A few moments later, I was dreaming. It was like I magically went back to the time I celebrated my 7th birthday. Me in that white little dress. I saw those familiar kids again happily waiting for me to blow my birthday cake. Like a movie, the moment froze. Nobody moved, there was no noise, everything stopped. I took a good look at everything surrounding me. A beautiful house where I live comfortably, my parents half-smilingly staring at me, their faces didn't bear a single mark of age. My cousins and friends were all there in their cute little outfits, eager to get those gift packs filled with goodies my mother prepared earlier on. I suddenly remembered how it feels like to have a perfect life.

As much as I wanted to stay in the moment, I couldn't. I was slowly being drawn to consciousness. In a blink of an eye, I was back to reality. My mother was calling my name but I pretended to be asleep. It's getting more and more difficult to get out of my lonesome retreat.

0 comments: