It simply translates as "The Great Republic of Korea". Korea is not just the land of the cutest phones nor the haven of pop-star haircuts...it has also been my home.
been staying here in manila for a month, but all I could think about is going back to where I consider Home..... It's something about the unbearable humidity, the pollution, the noise, and the crimes.... All I could think about is seeing the red maple leaves on the ground...it's going to be fall in Korea soon. Hopefully, at the start I'll be there. I'm slowly counting he days..... A month more and I'll board the plane again.
I used to be homesick, as in a lot. I've been fighting homesickness all the time I was there. I do count the days when I'll board the plane back to Manila. But as soon as I arrived, I long for the clean and peaceful country I've grown to love. I spent more than I am supoposed to, trying to find food that resembles ours. Seeing a pack of bananas with the words "made in the PHILIPPINES" written on it brings a smile to my face though I've never thought about buying one here.
I think I should go out more and try to enjoy my time while I'm here instead of sulking in my room thinking all my rants about the country. I don't want to think that Manila lost it's magic to me. I think I'm just in the wrong places.... or with the wrong people.
But God, I do miss the Internet... I miss sticky rice and kimchi.... I even miss the commercials I see on TV which I never understand and I think I'll never will.
8.29.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment