It's time to leave Manila again, it makes me sad that I have to leave my loved ones behind. But with all the mishaps that had happened here, it kinda gives me the feeling that it's not so safe to be here anymore. I enjoyed my stay here though the weather is at it's worst.
I'm so going to miss Manila for sure!!! I'm already starting to miss the food. I loaded up on things to bring back to my friends, they wanted it to be authentic-filipino so I decided to get them some puto-seko, sampalok candies, pulvoron, yema, and dried mangoes.
Dried mangoes have always been a hit with foreigners. Something about it being sweet but not 'sugary' in a way, and to add it's chewy too. When some of my friends tasted sampalok candy (the ones wrapped in yellow cellophane~~) it reminded them of dried persimmons without the sour aftertaste. They think pulvoron is quite queer and they are amused that we Filipinos eat 'powder-like' snack. I felt that it's strange too but then nobody here thinks it's queer.
I thought about bringing some peanut brittle but I know that most of them can't handle the sugar-overload (way too sweet for their taste~~). Macapuno and pastillas are the same.
I'm going to miss so many things about Manila. I will miss even the noise on the streets, riding MRT which I consider is a great adventure especially when you are going to Makati on a Monday morning! I'll miss taho and pandesal for breakfast, nilagang baka and tinola. Most of all, I'll miss the feeling of being at home.
Ehyu, time to pack my things now~~~
10.22.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment