3.11.2010

Toasted and Thirsty.

I must be mental for choosing to spend this month here in Manila. The heat is unbearable and each day that passes is more like a battle. I'm desperately trying to keep myself from packing my bags and flying off to Korea. I'm sure all Pinoys share the same sentiment about the weather, and all are dying to get whisked away to some frozen nowhere land.

On days when the temperature tips at 35 degrees, I focus my energy on cursing the weather and binging on sour mangoes and bagoong. And because wardrobe choices boil down to only two things: short and shorter - I feel obligated to flex my stubborn, lazy muscles in the gym. It's hard alright, but let me tell you, working out in a sauna-like condition definitely pays off. I've lost some weight and it's something I feel really happy about. I still have a long way to go so you wouldn't see me in a teeny-weeny swimsuit mode anytime soon.

As for my health, I'm still recuperating. It turns out I have something simple but it pretty much binds me to long-term medication. And although it's disheartening as it is, at the crux of it all, I've realized that life is too short to let one's dreams go to waste. I've decided to live that dream, so I'm putting up a small business with the help of some people close to me. I'm still in the planning stage, but hopefully this July or August, we'll be ready to roll.

Amidst all these things that get my thoughts flying in all direction, I'll be lying if I say that I don't miss my Korean life. As a matter of fact, I miss it everyday (especially in this heat!). I'll be coming to Korea after the holy week is over, and I can't wait to hit the beaches there, and bask in the cool spring weather while sipping a sweet bubbly cup of Hoegaarden. In Korea, I just buy it at big supermarkets. Unfortunately, I don't know where to get it here in Manila. I sooo miss drinking this beer with my favorite beer-buddy Chris!


0 comments: