2.23.2010

So much for normalcy.


The past week has been a huge metamorphosis and two things happened that will surely shape up the things to come. I finally bid adieu to my only sibling who left the Philippines for good. It was an emotion-filled day at the airport, and the almost-palpable sadness was a little too much to handle. I planned to be all rock star and not shed a tear, but as soon as I saw her getting teary-eyed, I cried like a baby. Days after that, I found out that I'm sick, and though it's not life-threatening as it is, it would require me to be on meds for God knows how long. I haven't fully recuperated from the fact my sister wouldn't be a bus ride away anymore, and now another of Life's bitter pill. And this pretty much squeezes out any positivity left in me. My life seems to be perpetually hounded by tragedies, and sometimes I wish I could have a blissfully normal 28-year old life where boys, buds and wardrobe are the only things that occupy my thoughts.

I'm not in a really good place right now. In this pit of uncertainties, changes, and adjustments that overwhelms me, I was inspired to create a playlist and the songs I've chosen best represents how I feel. Music is where I find healing and it's where I find hope.

0 comments: