When you visit Korea, the exciting experience begins as you cross the threshold of the porthole, and the sight of Incheon International Airport in all it's intricacy is the first thing that'll greet you. It is bound to leave it's mark on any jet-settin', travelholic soul. Unlike it's many quintessential counterparts, Incheon Airport's design sensibility evokes an air of ease and comfort - a feeling you don't normally get in a place that receives and discharges thousands of passengers daily.
The dominance of glass and dome-shaped ceiling are simply impossible to disregard. It's sheer space and dimension floored me the first time. But more than that, it's how modern and well-organized that gave the lasting impression. This airport is no stranger to fame - ranking 1st and 2nd in Best Airport Category by the Airports Council International.
I've only been to 5 countries in total, so my experiences with airports are still very limited. But amongst all I've seen, I'd say Incheon Airport is the best when it comes to service and modern facilities. I read from Wiki that this place has many unique luxury features such as golf course, spa, private sleeping rooms, and casinos. I don't have the money to splurge so I haven't gotten even remotely close to trying those out, so it still is a mystery to me if such things really exist there. But the other facilities like cultural museum, observatory deck, gardens, lounges, shops, and restaurants are there to 'wow' us all. The airport is located on Yeongjong Island West of Incheon. Looking at the view by the bridge at sunset and the city's skyline at night will top off your amazing airport journey!
And if after everything I said you're still not convinced, just read my old "Christmas Day" post, and you'll know why I love this place so much!
Here are some pics taken at the airport.
The dominance of glass and dome-shaped ceiling are simply impossible to disregard. It's sheer space and dimension floored me the first time. But more than that, it's how modern and well-organized that gave the lasting impression. This airport is no stranger to fame - ranking 1st and 2nd in Best Airport Category by the Airports Council International.
I've only been to 5 countries in total, so my experiences with airports are still very limited. But amongst all I've seen, I'd say Incheon Airport is the best when it comes to service and modern facilities. I read from Wiki that this place has many unique luxury features such as golf course, spa, private sleeping rooms, and casinos. I don't have the money to splurge so I haven't gotten even remotely close to trying those out, so it still is a mystery to me if such things really exist there. But the other facilities like cultural museum, observatory deck, gardens, lounges, shops, and restaurants are there to 'wow' us all. The airport is located on Yeongjong Island West of Incheon. Looking at the view by the bridge at sunset and the city's skyline at night will top off your amazing airport journey!
And if after everything I said you're still not convinced, just read my old "Christmas Day" post, and you'll know why I love this place so much!
Here are some pics taken at the airport.

0 comments:
Post a Comment