4.19.2010

Hello to Spring!

The weather is awfully cold for Spring this year, but I'm not complaining. In fact, I am enjoying every minute that I'm away from the hellish heat of Manila. Funny thing, I wasn't dressed appropriately when I came here. I thought this season is about light shirt and skin-tight cardigans. It didn't cross my mind that the weather would be more like winter. So I was there at the airport shaking and desperately trying to keep myself warm while others in fur coats were dodging glances at me. On my way home, I noticed how different the surrounding looks from the previous spring season (*same day last year). The trees are bare and flowers are still trapped in their tiny little buds. I sort of expected to see a more colorful sight than that. But even so, I'm glad I came here this time. I love to wait for flowers to bloom and see the surrounding slowly change from bare to beautiful.

There are some major changes this season and I'm having my fair share of adjustments and getting-used-tos. It's like a fresh, new start; a clean slate. To give you guys a hint of what I'm going through, I'm sharing a few below.


  • We just moved to a different place so my days are mostly spent on arranging furniture and cleaning the new house. It has gotten so noisy and stressful in our old place and Chris thought it's about time to move. I'm so glad he did! There's not much difference from the old one when it comes to size, but I find it more comfortable here. I love that it's more peaceful and quiet, plus the wallpaper is really, really nice!

  • Chris recently got promoted and it poses some serious disadvantage for us. Here in Korea, promotion equals to longer working hours, more business trips abroad, bigger responsibilities, and a lot more people to suck up to. That's why I don't really blame Chris for looking so beat these days. He looks like he really needs to go to a spa or something...

  • Health wise, I could say I'm doing well and I'm still pretty fired up to lose another 10 lbs. The only thing that bothers me is that I'm gonna be away from the gym. Working out has been very much part of my routine in Manila but not here. I'm scared I'm gonna gain weight so as much as possible, I control what I eat and try to do some floor exercises whenever I can.

  • I'm missing my two, 6 month old puppies every single day. They're staying at my friend's house in Manila while I'm here. I just hope they're fed well. My Mom can't take care of them because she's going to Australia late of next month to visit my sister who is now pregnant...

  • And yes, in a few months I'm gonna be an aunt. I'm practically clueless when it comes to kids, but I hope I'd be a good aunt.

It's still a little early to enjoy the real beauty of springtime, but in my five days here, I already did a lot of sightseeing and travelling. I hope you all join me as I get to enjoy and appreciate the myriad of sights, sounds, and tastes of this wonderful season.

0 comments: