7.07.2010

What's For Lunch?!

... Kaldereta!!!

Yesterday, I got a chance to visit a foreign foodmart in Itaewon, Seoul for the first time. I wound up buying a couple of things, one of which is Mother's Best Kaldereta Mix from the Philippines. Kalderetang Baka (Spicy Beef Stew) happens to be my favorite dish of all time. I haven't tasted it in months so I decided to cook it for lunch today.

Here's how...

I used: A kilogram of beef cut into large cubes, 2 medium sized potatoes, 1 small carrot, red bellpepper, onion and garlic. The other two ingredient that gave this dish a super savory boost are:

The Kaldereta Mix..



and Hunt's Tomato Paste (I used about 3 tbsp of this).



So first, I boiled the beef in medium high heat. I didn't use pressure cooker, just a regular pot so it took about an hour before it became tender. Then I added the potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, tomato paste and the kaldereta mix and let it boil for another 10 minutes. Lastly, I added the red bell peppers. You may notice I didn't add salt or pepper, the kaldereta mix already took care of that.
See folks, it's that simple.. The result is by far the best kaldereta I've ever tasted in my life. The sauce is so thick and flavorful, veggies are not at all overcooked, and man.. the meat is so tender!!! That kaldereta mix is really a life saver.



I can't wait till Chris taste this!

0 comments: