9.09.2010

This is what happens when you have too much coffee in your system.

I'm craving Autumn and Winter. This heat combined with torrential rains and humidity is seriously driving me insane. I wanna be able to curl up in scarves, sweaters and blankets with massive, steaming mugs of coffee or tea, the air biting the breath from your lungs, and all the stark possibilities the cold could offer. Most people I know prefer summer. They usually associate that season for hitting the beach, going on vacation and myriad of opportunities to merry make and be happy. Maybe I would too, if my life had been different. But as it is, the cold has always been more suitable for me, more thrilling. It's easier to cover up flabs which basically make up most, if not all of my insecurities.

I get so excited about cold, it's a high. If I could just magically transport myself on a whim (doesn't matter where), I'd love to be some place cold and taste snowflakes as it floats and drifts from the sky. To experience an ice storm that wipes out power and leave you relying on candles and flashlights to get you through the night. Possibly days of it, but without the scary background noise of course. Just me, a thick blanket, a comfy couch, reading a book next to a fire and endless mugs of Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate, preferably with tiny marshmallows in it that melts too quickly in the mouth (that is if didn't melt completely with the hot water). And in the morning, maybe Boyfie will come (cause it'll be a tad boring if I'm alone both day and night), and we'll have some pasta (real pasta and not those eaten with metal chopsticks), drink ridiculously expensive wine, which in reality we couldn't afford, and pass time talking about trivial things that both make us laugh like hell. We'll take advantage of the shortened daylight, enjoy as much as possible and make it worth it. That, ladies and gentlemen, is my idea of HEAVEN.

On a completely separate note.. I remember three years ago, Chris and I trekked nearly 12 kilometers through a blizzard. As much as I love the cold, it wasn't intentional. We were in Jeju in the middle of winter. While in the lowlands it was cold enough to numb my hands, it never snowed, but in the highlands it did. It started as a harmless snowy day in Mt. Halla. Three inches of it came down, enough to powder every inch of the hiking trail. At the crack of noon, blizzard came and I was literally leaping for joy. Three inches of slush shortly turned two feet and my knees were buried in the snow. My legs burned of course, my feet felt like rigid Lead and was sweating under the heavy winter jacket (probably because I was too fat then). Chris being the sensible one, was there to kick me out of euphoria. He was keen on reminding me about Hypothermia, getting lost, and the possibly fatal results that goes with falling off the steep trail going down. What normally would take two hours, took us four. We were plowing through the drifts, two feet high, stalling in almost zero visibility pathways, with ice pouring in small bits, hitting our jackets and creating a sound similar to popcorn being popped. Countless of times we tumbled, losing our balance, desperately gripping the icy ropes for safety. It was a rush, I admit. Something I never got to experience in my twenty-something years of existence (mostly) spent living in a hellish tropical climate. I'd so do it again, right now in a second. I crave it. It was exhilarating and dangerous. Definitely, a rush like no other.

Ok. I mumbled enough. I'm gonna find another thing to do till the caffeine wears out and sleep finally comes. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a good one and I wont be burned to a toasty crisp. Have a safe and easy Thursday you all!

P.S. Here's a pic to get you through the heat!




0 comments: