After a full year of not blogging, I don't know what to say first. So please let me get away with a boring opening.
I feel I owe some rationale as to my disappearance. So what first? I guess this post will be two pronged. First, a quick overview of my aforementioned desertion. And second, the reason why I created this post bearing that title.
Believe it or not , I was in no way trying to distance myself from the blogging world. This blog means so much to me. It's hard to put it in words as I am (very) rusty and words do not come freely as it should. So let's just say that I was in no state to interact with anyone. The past months have been the most depressing time in my life.
I guess I am avoiding the underlying issue, but I feel like I owe you guys the truth. How should I say it without sounding like I badly need a handful of anti-depressants? Ok, so here goes... There wouldn’t be a ‘happily-ever-after’ anymore. There I said it. Background has been provided. That is all I really wish to say about that. I really need to just draw a line under it and move on.
In this predicament, it is safe to assume that I must have been devastated. I'm still not A-OK, but at some point I know I will be. So please don't pity me. And do spare me the "I'm-sorry-to-hear-that". I remember this particular period when I felt like a soda can, so shaken and ready to explode. It was during this mental chaos that I honestly felt I should delete this blog. I still feel that way. But for sentimental reasons, I decided to keep it in 'coma-mode' ~ like it's there but not actually there. The entirety of this blog is awkward from here on forward, so I'm not.going to update it anymore. I still yearn to write down my thoughts though, but you all know that this is not the right place for it. For those handful of souls who'll miss me, you can still catch me at my other blog.
It has been a crazy-wonderful 3 years of blogging. In this light, I want to thank you all for taking your time and reading the 500+ posts I've written here. I sincerely am going to miss all of you and your wonderful comments.
This is bitter-sweet, officially signing off.

0 comments:
Post a Comment