
One of my favorite pinoy dish is ADOBO. There was a time when I tried really hard to make this dish while I was away from PH. I've been in food-sick mode for 3 months and I just couldn't bear it anymore. So what I did was to scour the nearest supermarket near my place for ingredients that resembles ours and try to make chicken adobo. I got the chicken and the soy sauce and the vinegar so I hurried home to cook it. While taste tasting the said dish I felt my stomach churned when I tasted the soysauce and even said to myself "why oh why doesn't the soysauce even remotely resembles the taste back home...". I think the soysauce was fermented too much and it tastes a bit 'wine-y'. No luck with the soysauce so on with the vinegar and to my surprise theirs tasted a bit too bland. It's more like a sour drink to me which by the way is true cause some people drink it by itself for health benefits. The finished product tasted really weird and it didn't go well with the chicken. I couldn't even managed to eat it so it went straight to the bin. That was the first time I tried to cook pinoy dishes abroad and it wasn't successful. My other attempts weren't a success as well. Either some ingredients are impossible to find or the taste is different. Next time, I'll always try to buy ingredients from the Philippine store even if it costs way too much.

0 comments:
Post a Comment