I spent most of this month planning about my upcoming trip to Jeju Island next week. Jeju-do is in the southernmost part of Korea which also means 'Island of the Gods'. It is very similar to Hawaii I heard... but I've never been to Hawaii to agree with that. Michael Jackson once offered to buy the Island, but the government refused to sell it.
I've been to Jeju twice before , once in summer and once in winter. It really captivated me. it's my favorite place on earth because there are so many things to see. If nature tripping is your thing then you are going to appreciate it big time! Though it's still part of Republic Korea, it seems like it's a totally different country. The people looks a little different from mainland and they use a different accent so Koreans from Seoul find it difficult to converse with them.
UNESCO claimed the Volcanic Island of Jeju one of the world heritage sites. It's very small but it has a lot of museums, resorts, beaches, buddhist shrines, mountains, etc..... No wonder it has become a favorite spot to shoot Korean dramas and Japanese thrillers.
It is so difficult to get a ticket to go there this time because it's what they claim as their super-peak season considering that students are on their summer vacation and workers will be having theirs too next week.
I made a list of the things I wanted to do there... a submarine cruise is the first on my list. I heard hot-air ballon ride is awesome so I wanna give it a try but heights freak me out. Rafting sounds fun... but I'm not very keen to watersports... my friend recommended it so I'm willing to give it a try. I should hit some parks and museums too or do a little bit of trekking. Can't wait for next week!!!
7.25.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment