6.25.2009

Arrival.

So I departed from Manila early this week, and the sky was pretty clear back then. I was alone as usual so I had to carry the luggage all by myself. After 20 long minutes of standing under the scorching heat and humidity outside our building, a cab (as old my dad) stopped. Instinctively, the driver stared at my luggage and demanded I pay 350 peso. Normally I pay 180 peso to get to the airport, but since the driver is old and his equally ancient cab badly needs a carwash, I didn't mind paying for extra.

My flight was at 4, but I was already at the airport before 2 pm. Just as I fell in line towards the check-in counter, the rain poured heavily. A few strong thunders later, the lights went out. It's really weird having to experience a power outage in an airport of all places. A few sparks later, and the generator kicked in full throttle. I sighed in relief as the line inched towards the front. Then the power came back, then went off again.. It happened a few more times before the generator broke, so they had to use a spare one whose only capable of running the computers. It was dark and a bit difficult to move from place to place (could it be any more miserable?!). I would've appreciated if they lit some candles, though seeing that would've been so weird.



When I was finally inside the plane, I saw an old couple whose faces were utterly familiar. I remember the old man was my grade-school teacher, and he was with his wife who was also a teacher at that school. I introduced myself to them, and like what I expected they couldn't remember me (well, who remembers a random school girl with mediocre grades anyway?). I could tell the old man was in full chat mode as he kept on asking me so many stuff about Korea. Just before the plane took off, I went to my seat and took a rest. It's lucky that I got the window seat and nobody was sitting beside me. I took some pictures as the plane flew high above the clouds before I dozed off.



The next thing I knew, the plane landed at Incheon airport.



The old couple caught up with me to chat some more. After exchanging phone numbers, we took a picture before finally saying goodbye. I'm not familiar with the girl they're with (she just sat right next to them at the plane). All I know is that she's a 19 year old girl (still a kid) who recently married a 41 year old Korean man. She's pretty nice though, and I admire her for taking everything in as one big adventure.. ;-) I would've been scared as hell if it happened to me.



Chris was still at work so he wasn't there to pick me up. I arrived home past ten and I was tired as hell from dragging my 15 kg luggage from the stop to the apartment. Chris was at the door shortly after I stowed everything in their places. I don't know but as soon as I saw him standing by the door, I didn't feel excited at all. He just stood there all white and slim, and ogling me. He looked as if he has aged from the last time I saw him. He's sporting a new haircut which I hate so much. Gone are the days where he could pull off any pop-star haircut and look cool. Now he looks every inch an ajusshi. He said he got us a room at Noblesse and we're gonna be staying there for two days. It was our anniversary the day after that and we spent it watching Transformers (which was so boring), eating Papa John's pizza, and playing scrabble inside the hotel room.

0 comments: