6.29.2009

Baked.

The weather is sweltering today! News says that today's the hottest day this summer season. I can live with this temperature, but not this unbearable humidity! It's hard to move without breaking a sweat, and sweating happens to be one of my biggest pet peeves, so this is pure torture for me.

When I went out to jog this afternoon, I sweated like I never sweated before so I got tired faster than the usual. It's hard to exercise in this kind of weather, but I know I shouldn't stop or else, everything I did will be in vain.

I get out in the sun a lot lately, so I'm doing everything I can to take care of my skin. Nobody wants any of that premature aging and wrinkles you can get from the sun, so I use sunblock whenever I get out of the house. But we all know when it's humid as hell, it feels so uncomfortable on the skin. So I threw away the old product I use which I got from Beauty Credit (take this as a warning people, don't ever buy that!), and started using Nivea Sun Spray. I'm addicted to it cause it's very light on the skin, and I don't feel sticky at all (unlike the others which sometimes make my skin feel like the back of a sticker). The best thing about it, it's so convenient to use. Just spray it on 15 minutes before you get out in the sun, and re-apply it after two hours. I'm so in love with it that I don't think I'm ever gonna use another brand.



I didn't know about the importance of SPF before (all I know if it's higher then it's better), so I googled it. Here's the thing, you multiply the SPF you use to the amount of time it takes for you to burn your skin under the sun. In my case it only takes 10 minutes. For someone who is not so fair, and who hails from a tropical country, I burn pretty fast. So 10 minutes multiplied by 30 (the SPF I use) equals to 300 minutes. This means I'm safe under the sun for 300 minutes.

0 comments: