6.27.2009

알 탕 (Fish egg soup)

For some inexplicable reason, I was in a really good mood right after I jogged this afternoon. This time I jogged/brisk-walked for an hour and 12 mins (10 mins longer than yesterday). I wanted to go further but I was too damn thirsty, and since I didn't bring cash with me, I couldn't do anything about the thirst that gets worse with every labored breath I took while jogging. When I arrived home, I turned the aircon in full blast, and emptied a huge bottle of Minute Maid.

I was in the shower when Chris called asking if I want to eat outside for dinner. I could sense he's probably tired of eating the same old stuff in their cafeteria, and that he wanted to eat something special. Like I said, I'm in such a good mood so I told him instead of going to a restaurant, I'd cook something healthier at home.

I know how much he loves Al-tang 알 탕 (spicy fish egg soup), so I decided to try and impress him. I hurried to go to the supermarket to get fish eggs, some radish, leeks, zucchini, and clams. Then I put it all in the pot, together with gochujang and some other spices. Here's how it looked.



It turned out to be really good. I'm even surprised I could cook something that good. Chris liked it a lot and requested I make it again soon!

0 comments: