9.01.2009

Fall Came Early: A Taste of France.

I've never been to France, and the closest thing I ever got to something French is a bottle of red wine and my favorite French food. But I read a lot about how beautiful this country is. France is apparently so captivating that one man decided to make a replica of a village he visited there. That's how "Petite France", a theme park I visited in Gapyeong came to life.

Whenever we come to Gapyeong, we'd always pass by this, nestled beautifully atop the mountain, with rows of exquisitely designed French houses and colorful flowers surrounding it. It was all too inviting to see from afar, and this time around, I just had to enter. A single entry ticket costs 8,000 won, and that gives you a taste of how it feels like to be in the "Land of the Franks".









Just as the sun was at it's peak, and herds of picture-taking tourists got plentier by the second, we decided to go. It was lunch time then and I was getting hungry. We drove to Nami Island where lots of specialty restaurants thrive. I chose this restaurant that has a huge picture of their special menu called "Dolsot Bap" (stone cooked rice). Each person costs 10,000 won, and that sounds unreasonably expensive for a bowl of rice right? But the catch is, it comes with so many mouthwatering side-dishes. I was stunned as the lady served all of it, barely having enough space for chopsticks and spoons!




To be cont...

0 comments: