8.28.2009

Fall Came Early: Epilogue

I just got back from our weekend escapade, and all the fun and merry making left me with a couple of bruises, a slight fever, and annoying aches and pains that gnaws everytime I move. I may have pushed myself too much this time, and I knew it's bound to hurt. But I couldn't care less as I've had the most amazing, unbelievable, adrenaline-rush inducing experience of my life!

We went to these 3 amazing places.

Gapyeong - I've been here thrice before. It wasn't really exciting or anything, but we went to places we haven't visited before.

Chuncheon - I already lost count how many times I've visited this place before. But this time, we discovered an amazing place not many people know of.

Cheorwon - This place is unbelievable! It was my first time to be in a place so remote, so beautiful, and so close to North Korea (they even sell North Korean liquors there!). But unlike the boring DMZ thing-y which is a total waste of money, this one's different! It's not really that popular for thrill-seeking tourists so the nature is at it's most pristine form. It's nothing quite like what I've seen before! And believe me, I've seen so many places in South Korea (east, south, north, west, name it and I've been there), but this one reigns supreme.

Summer has officially ended the day we departed. Tomorrow is officially the start of the fall season, but it came two days earlier. The trees have started to change color from where I visited, and that familiar autumn breeze makes itself known in the early mornings and at night. It was so cold I always shivered. I wish I brought my parka with me during the trip, so I wouldn't be sick like this, lying in the bed the whole day, with fever and headache no amount of Tylenol could cure...

0 comments: