It has been a tumultuous two weeks. To be articulate and descriptive, I say it was more like a scary rollercoaster ride. The first blow came when I heard that my uncle died last week, and eventhough I've only seen him a couple of times before, his death was still a tragic news. It was all too sudden and my 82-year old grandmother found it hard to process and accept. She fell ill upon hearing the news, and now she's recuperating in the hospital. There's also this trip my family went to, along with my sister's in-laws. They went to Palawan to take a breather from the city, but the torrential rains didn't just ruin their trip, it also left them stranded there for a week. A four day 'fun-in-the-sun' they planned turned out to be a seven day disaster as flights back to Manila were cancelled and got everyone worried to bits. On top of all this, Chris and I had our biggest, longest, and craziest fight ever, and by 'crazy' I mean pretending to be strangers which was excruciatingly hard by the way. That was the biggest blow.. Like my grandmother, everything was hard for my brain to process, and I've been in and out of fever for the past two weeks. This usually happens when I'm stressed beyond my limits. Every inch of my body hurts, my hair started to fall which made me switch shampoo thrice in a week. I was physically exhausted and emotionally spent that I seriously considered going on a temple-stay for 2 days just to clear my head. Chris declined of course, and I'm thankful that he did or else, we wont be able to fix our issues and work out our differences. I don't really trust myself when we're having troubles and we're away from each other. I'm surely gonna plot some vile and wicked things, even if I'm in the company of monks. He already gave me his sincerest apologies this week with a promise that he's gonna work harder to make me happy, so I'm putting all the absurdities and childish/selfish idiocies currenly on hold, and I try to remember the things that made me fall in love with him. It's better this way you know, to count things that you like about a person, than to stress yourself finding all of his flaws.
To celebrate our reconciliation, Chris is taking me to a 5-day trip to Gyeongsang-do and Cheolla-do, and we are leaving early tomorrow. But this constant rain and dark clouds are making me really worried. God knows how much I want this trip, how much I need to relax, unwind, and take a breather from all the anxieties that drove me crazy for the past two weeks. I need to feel the wind on my cheeks, to feel the sand on my feet, to smell the pine tries, and see the lush green mountains. I need to get lost and get bitten by mosquitoes in a thick but serene forest, to cool down in a stream, to paddle in a river, see a cave, and get my picture taken at some random waterfall. And if it's not too sinful to ask, I need to get a nice tan to remind myself after that I had one of the best summers of my life. To hell with heat and humidity! I've got the strongest sunblock known to man, and a plastic fan given by some random stranger to keep me cool all throughtout the trip.
I may be asking too much, but more than anything, I wish that this trip is gonna be free from all the theatrics and the drama of arguments and disputes that suffered me for the last two weeks. I need this trip to act as a 'bond' to glue all the broken pieces together. And to remind us, myself specially, that there's no one in this world that we'd rather be with but each other.
8.07.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment