Vivid hues and painterly splashes of color from the landscape stands as the perfect backdrop worthy of a million photographs. The scenery is truly a sight to behold, and once again I'm floored. I loved every inch of the mountainous terrain that overlooks lush vegetation.
Other than soaking in the beautiful scenery, I didn't know what we're about to do next. Chris kept me in limbo saying our next adventure is one, big secret. A quick visit to an old train car which they turned into a store for snacks gave me a hint that we might do something strenuous (if not why the need for more carbohydrates? ^^).

The store sells organic stuffs and well-being food grown in the quiet county. Everything's all good and top-notch quality, but prices are way too steep!

The place seemed like an old train station, and that hinted me that we might ride the train and tour the area. As I predicted, a train came, but with it came the rail bikes (I wasn't expecting that part).

The store sells organic stuffs and well-being food grown in the quiet county. Everything's all good and top-notch quality, but prices are way too steep!
The place seemed like an old train station, and that hinted me that we might ride the train and tour the area. As I predicted, a train came, but with it came the rail bikes (I wasn't expecting that part).
A guy wearing a police uniform ushered us to our designated seats.

After a brief introduction from them, and making sure everyone's securely fastened to their seats, we started pedaling the tracks.

We ran thru the 7.2 kilometer riverside stretch, passing several tunnels, bridges, rice fields, and small villages.

We exhausted our leg muscles pedaling, but as the bike builds momentum, it became easier, and we were able to concentrate looking at the scenery. For most part, we didn't have to move a muscle as the bikes ran down a gentle slope on it's own at a maximum speed of 20 km/h. It's the most awesome part, and as the cold blast of wind touched my face, it cleared all the aches away! The spectacular view soothed our minds from all worries and filled us with exhilarating insouciance like no other.
Below is the video I took while we were on this rail biking adventure. Enjoy!
After a brief introduction from them, and making sure everyone's securely fastened to their seats, we started pedaling the tracks.
We ran thru the 7.2 kilometer riverside stretch, passing several tunnels, bridges, rice fields, and small villages.
We exhausted our leg muscles pedaling, but as the bike builds momentum, it became easier, and we were able to concentrate looking at the scenery. For most part, we didn't have to move a muscle as the bikes ran down a gentle slope on it's own at a maximum speed of 20 km/h. It's the most awesome part, and as the cold blast of wind touched my face, it cleared all the aches away! The spectacular view soothed our minds from all worries and filled us with exhilarating insouciance like no other.
Below is the video I took while we were on this rail biking adventure. Enjoy!

0 comments:
Post a Comment