But the long drive and tortuous heavy traffic could sometimes be hard to endure, and it's necessary that we visit a rest stop to recharge. In Korea, there are plenty of rest stops along the highway. It has everything from gas station, to supermarket, restaurants, souvenir shops, even tourist information center where you could use the Internet for free!
I enjoy going to rest stops, and one of the things I look forward to whenever we go there is the food. They sell plenty of delicious snacks there. My favorite is the stone roasted squid. I think you could get this for less than 4,000 won.
Rest stops are also a great place to walk around in. Sometimes they have lakes and gardens which at sundown, can turn into a wonderful setting for a romantic stroll.
Rest stops are meant not only for lavatory breaks, getting snacks, and merely taking a few minutes off the road to stretch your tired legs. For some it could mean the beginning of the adventure as it could be entertaining and enjoyable like that of tourist spots. It's definitely worth a visit. Here's Chris getting cozy with two little kittens at some random rest stop we visited on our way to Kangwon province. He had a blast petting and feeding them the squid I bought.^^

0 comments:
Post a Comment