10.18.2009

Autumn Travelogue: More from Samyang.

We relentlessly followed the pathway for hours under the heat of the sun. Our cheeks turned crimson, and our arms went a few shades darker as we marvel over the 360 degree view of the vast green field. In a relative short distance, we went through open grass fields, to maple tree covered grounds, and we saw creatures like squirrels, frogs, birds, and butterflies loafing idly in their natural habitat. Due to the spectacular views and the abundant wildlife, there is no shortage of opportunities to take photographs.




I was exhausted, sweaty, and thirsty beyond imaginable. I heard the constant sound of water trickling from a small brook nearby that added to my thirst. We came to see it, but it's not much of a picturesque brook as there were a lot of wild bushes and trees obscuring it. But I'm guessing the ice cold running water is definitely nice to clean up a bit, and cool off from the heat. Deers, sheeps, cows, and other creatures in various shapes and sizes come here to drink. We even saw a snake (hope it's not a poisonous one), but before we were able to take a picture, it crawled towards the bushes.

It took a long while before we saw the first sign of the cows, and I was so excited to see them! It's highly prohibited to enter the grassy area where the cows graze as it could contaminate their food source.




One cow wandered away from the others, and was grazing not far from where I stood. At first he was totally oblivious of my presence, so I was able to take a picture in close range. But as soon as he noticed me, he instinctively moved away.




A few kilometers away from the cows, we saw the sheeps. There were several hundreds of them, chewing on fresh grass and some dried hay.




Unlike the cows, the sheeps don't run away from people. You can feed and touch these adorable sheeps!




I had a similar adventure not so long ago at a sheep farm near Samyang, the only difference is, the sheeps here are much bigger in number.




This stream marks the end of the trail, but our journey didn't end here.




Then came rest... This was our final stop. They sell food and refreshments here.



I was so thirsty so we went straight to the beverage rack, but instead of water, we bought milk. This milk came from the dairy cows they raise at the ranch. It's not mass produced, and the stock is limited to a day's supply. It's the most delicious milk I've ever tasted, and I'm not exagerrating on that. The feel of their cold milk against burning throat is UNBELIEVABLE!!! For those who plan to visit Samyang Ranch, don't miss the opportunity to taste their milk.




Our journey to Samyang officially ended over a delicious cup of instant Ramyeon.















0 comments: