It was July, middle of the summer. Rains are frequent, There couldn't be a more perfect time to go out when you feel as though you're constantly drowning in a sea of people. More so if you're wishing to go on a different kind of adventure without the inconvenience that goes with having so many people around.
Destination then was Taebaek. A large, busy town situated in the far south east of Kangwon province. There lies a famous waterfall. The locals call it Mi In. On a usual bright and sunny day, people flock to this place like bees. But when there's rain, the place turns into your very own sweet spot.
A 20 minute descent on muddy soil and slippery slope is involved. I passed by a small temple along the way. There were a few curious monks who couldn't help but stare at the drenched foreigner with muddy shoes. The rain ceased for a while. And then there was fog. It turned everything into a whitish haze, gracefully embracing every square inch of the area.
This is the start of the trail, Lots of trees, grass, and frogs croaking the afternoon away,
As you go further along the descent, you'll pass by a couple of streams. In reality, it's so much bigger than what it looks like in the photo. It's just that I couldn't get a decent angle at that time. It was slippery as hell. And I stood at the edge of a rock that hangs at the edge of a cliff.
The rain made a very simple descent seem like a death-defying stunt.
And lastly, the sweet spot - Mi In waterfall in all it's blurred and foggy glory. I promise it doesn't look this bad in real life. It's quite pretty actually.
So there goes my pathetic attempt to start writing here again. If there's any consolation, there wouldn't be any degree of permanence as far as my writing goes. I just need to write what's left of my travels, nothing more. I'm comfortable calling it an 'unfinished business' that I need to get over and done with.
I wonder how translucent these pitiful attempts at normalcy have been to the outside observer. So if it isn't too much to ask, do send me guys your thoughts.

0 comments:
Post a Comment