
This is Beef Caldereta, an all-time favorite pinoy dish. There are different ways to prepare this dish like some would even put coconut milk, use lamb, goat or even pork. I prefer eating Caldereta which I cooked according to my preference but don't think I snub those from cafeteria or even a carinderia (I also love 'em!). The reason why i like preparing it myself is because I really like it spicy so I put a lot of chili and it's great with a hot bowl of steamed rice. I choose the meat without any bones... and I cook it for a really long time longer than the usual so it would be extra tender.
For others who are interested to prepare it, here's the recipe:
Beef cut into large cubes -- 1 kilo
White vinegar -- 1/4 cup
Soy sauce -- 1/4 cup
Oil -- 2-3 tablespoons
Onion, chopped -- 1
Bell pepper, chopped -- 1
Garlic, minced -- 1/4 cup
Tomato paste -- 1 small can
Beef Stock or water -- 3 cups
Small potatoes, peeled and cut in half -- 4 - 6 pcs.
Peas -- 1 cup
Salt and pepper -- to taste
Liver Spread (optional) -- 2 tbsp
Chili -- as much as needed

0 comments:
Post a Comment