2.06.2009

About the Trip.

I got back last night from a three-day visit to Chunchong-namdo. I was prepared to feel relieved from the strenuous train ride when I reached home, but apparently, a huge mess greeted me by the door, and I stiffened at an instant. Clothes strewn all over the floor, dirty dishes piled in the sink, books were scattered, and I noticed the bed was all messed up too. For a second I thought we were robbed, and considered calling the police till I realized I couldn't speak enough Korean to talk to them coherently. I checked the valuables and found nothing was missing, so I decided to call Chris. He said he couldn't find his ID card that morning, so he searched everywhere, wrecking havoc as he left. I admit, I'm among those who suffer from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and I could never fathom why anyone could bear to leave such a mess. I didn't want to argue with him over the phone, but I reminded him that he recklessly came close to testing the limit of my patience. I robotically tidied everything in less than an hour, then the tension faded a bit. Chris came carrying the fried chicken I asked him to buy for dinner. I greeted him with a disparaging look, then scolded him for leaving the house so messed up. I sounded like my mother when I did that. I hated sounding like her, cause it painfully reminds me how it felt like whenever she grounded me for missing my curfew. I almost felt bad for Chris, cause I do realize how bad it feels when someone is scolding at you.. Inconspicuously, I looked at the calendar and did some mental math. I'm definitely PMS-ing... and that's the only intelligible explanation for my livid mood in the past couple of days. I'm not usually this freaked out monster I appear to be, but all hell break loose when I'm about to have my period. Is there some sort of a cure for this? I badly need one...

I woke up early today as usual, not that I don't have the luxury to sleep for as long as I want to, but I do have this freakish compulsion to clean everything down with a bleach or something. I started with the laundry, doing several batches of them. Then I sent stuff to the drycleaners. The others could wait, I still got the whole day to clean this place upside down. Chris was lucky to get a couple days off from work, so we're going on a road trip tomorrow. The enthusiasm in his voice, whenever he talks about the upcoming trip was catching. He's all worked-up on this trip, but I on the other hand, feel otherwise (hate this PMS bull***t). But I didn't want to disappoint him, so I agreed to his plans as cheerfully as I can manage. Mostly, it's up to me to decide where, so I deliberated hard between Kangwon-do or Cheolla-do. I carefully dissected the pros and cons of the two places... And after a much thorough thought, I decided Kangwon-do is our safest bet considering the distance, the myriad of beautiful tourist spots, great seafood, and a variety of winter recreation to choose from.

Chris persistently asked me to try ice-fishing, hiking, skiing, skating, or rock climbing while we're there. He's dauntless, needless to say.. while I flinch at the mere thought of subjecting myself to those things. I've always been bad at hiking, skating, skiing, or climbing.. basically everything that involves balance and stamina, but I'm willing to give that ice-fishing a try. There was a reason why I was never a cheerleader at school, or a varsity for that matter, I even didn't join the mandatory CAT in highschool. I can't even ride a bike without scraping my knees for crying out loud! When will he realize that I'm not an 'outdoor' kinda girl? But as much as I loath doing all those crazy stuff he wants to do, I wanna make him happy. Most of the time, I'd would just bite my lip really hard and force myself to try it, cause I know that'll make him happy. But it wouldn't take long till I start whining, and throwing temper tantrums like a 5 year old. That's his cue that I wont go any further. Chris loves to hike... and obviously, I don't. But there were those precious times when I really did my best to hike with him till we... by all means... amazingly... reached the top. He was always speechless, too proud that I was able to accomplish such thing. Little did he know that I silently cursed the place every step of the way, with every sweat that trickled down my forehead, and every moment I struggled to catch my breath. They say that when a hiker reach the top of the mountain, they sort of feel that exhilirating 'high'. But why can't I remember feeling anything remotely close to that...? It's probably the same feeling an OC like me gets, when everything looks squeaky clean, organized and tidy.. ^^

I should better start moving now.. I've got a lot of stuff to clean and things to pack... Chris already called me 4 times this morning regarding the trip. I wonder how could he manage to work like that?!

0 comments: