2.20.2009

Adventure at it's finest.

'J' called Chris today inviting us to attend his son's first birthday party next month. Chris and 'J' were best of friends way back their college days in Hanyang. It wouldn't be an issue if he stays in Seoul or somewhere in Gyeonggi-do, but he lives in Geoje ~ an island located in South Gyeongsang province which is about 5 hour drive from where we live. He works there designing ships for Samsung Heavy Industries. I love visiting Geoje-do, and I really don't mind the 5 hour drive if I get to see those lovely places again...


We took a ferry to visit these rocky islets.. The boat goes inside a very narrow opening that leads to a cave. It was a pretty intense experience...





Going to Oedo Island was my favorite part of the whole trip... They call this "The Paradise Island", and I couldn't think of a better term more suited than that. Oedo is overwhelmingly beautiful that the word breathtaking isn't even operative. It's actually a botanical garden privately owned by Mr. Lee Chang Ho. We took a different ferry to come here... It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen in my entire life.






It was July then, and the scorching heat was unbearable. I burnt my skin so bad that I wasn't able to touch it without grimacing for a couple of days. But I did enjoy the trip, so much that I think it's worth all the pain.

0 comments: