2.01.2009

The Big Fight

Last night, Chris and I got into a heated argument, well.. I can't really call it a heated argument if I was the only one who was blabbing like crazy. Ok... a 'vehement discussion' sounds more operative for that matter. Chris committed a grave mistake when he tried complaining like a middle-aged wife at the worst possible time... during dinner. I absolutely hate any form of argument while eating so I got really annoyed and started swearing. I never used profanities before when we argue, so it was a first for me. Both of us were utterly shocked when I unleashed that 'ghetto' side of me. It wasn't so bad I think, I just used s**t and f**k a couple of times (and not unto him) and that was all. I didn't talk after blurting those profanities, felt a sudden twinge of shame and guilt, but still pissed as hell.

He apologized a couple of minutes later, but I made it clear in my expression that I didn't even the slightest bit accept his stupid apology. After I cleared the table and washed the dishes, I got dressed and told him I had to go out and clear my head. Innocently he asked if he could offer me something, a gesture to probably pacify my anger, so I told him sure... We walked as if we were total strangers till we reached "Roti Mum", a Singaporean coffee shop and deli nearby. I had macchiato and coffee bun while he drank herbed tea. For some reason, our peaceful discussion went back to our previous argument. Of course, I was livid and seething with familiar anger once again, but I remained composed. We walked quietly on the way home..

I watched "Memoirs of Geisha" on TV, while Chris was playing Starcraft. When the movie was finished, he asked inconspicuously if I was still angry without looking at my direction. So I told him bluntly that I can't stand seeing his face that night, and how I wish I had some other place to stay. It was then that I decided not to sleep at home. I hurried to get my bag and told him that I wouldn't sleep there. He was very surprised but he didn't stop me. I went out looking for a motel nearby, but it was somehow difficult to get a room cause it was Saturday, and apparently it's their busiest day of the week. Who knew such rule existed! It took me a long time before I could finally get an available room. Chris called as soon as I entered and dropped my bag, he was dead worried that something bad happened to me. By that time, I was in a better frame of mind. I told him calmly where I was staying and that I was safe inside my room. Less than an hour later, Chris came carrying beer. I wasn't surprised that he came.. I kind of expected that when he asked me where I was staying.

I was a bit hungry and we didn't have side-dish for the beer, so he ordered fried chicken at 3:30 am. That's right... Chicken at 3:30 am! We then watched 2 horror movies in the plasma screen while eating fried chicken and drinking beer. He must have learned his lesson cause he didn't try to talk about our previous discussion anymore.

I woke up at 11 am this morning... wrote a blog before fixing myself. Chris woke up at 12, our supposed check-out time, so he was in a hurry to take a shower and get dressed. We went out at exactly 1 pm and had a hefty lunch at a restaurant nearby. After that, we decided to go and watch a movie. I wanted to watch "Benjamin Button" but it wasn't showing yet, so we chose "Valkyrie" instead. It was a great movie and I sort of didn't expect that. But I was so sleepy that I dozed off for a couple of minutes during the early part.. ^^

0 comments: