1.12.2010

Nature-tripping.

Whenever I wish to take a respite from all the absurdities of the real world, all I do is read my old posts again. It lets me travel back to the good 'ol times, bringing back all the thrills, the spine-tingling chills, and the churning jumble of emotion I felt in between! I love how it floods me with positive thoughts after, it helps me get through life's sucker punches.

To add to my gazillion of wonderful experiences immortalized here in my blog, I'm going to feature a place where one could find solitude and commune with nature. They call this place La Mesa Eco Park, and it's located right by the La Mesa Watershed in East Fairview. We came in at a time when people are still enjoying their vacation in the most far-flung provinces so the journey then was a breeze. No traffic whatsoever, it only took us an hour to get there.



It doesn't get greener anywhere else in the city than this place.


Pondahan (whatever that means) is the place where your get your tickets to ride a boat.


La Mesa Eco Park is a true haven for the outdoorsy and the nature-lovin people. There's a wide variety of activities you could do there like wall-climbing, zip lining, biking and stuff. You could even play a game of paintball if you come in groups. But among the activities you could do there, I find the boating experience the most enthralling.


Around lunchtime, we chose a grassy spot under the shade of a tree to lay our mat, and ate the yummy treats we brought from home. Most people choose to stay on the picnic grounds where huts provide a more comfortable place to rest



Just by looking at the the clear blue sky, you could feel a sense of peace and tranquility permeating the air.



The place in all it's tropical splendor, gives visitors a new appreciation for nature.



Be sure not to miss the hiking trail while you're there. Nothing beats the lulling sound of the trees swaying from the wind, with birds chirping and butterflies fluttering to cap off your simple-yet-amazing nature-tripping escapade.



0 comments: