1.08.2010

Of One Childish Rendezvous.

I know I haven't been writing posts about Korea lately (might as well change my blog description for that matter^^). But don't worry, I haven't forgotten about Korea at all, and for sure, I'm gonna be posting more about it later. For now, expect to read a couple of entries about the places I visited around here. Well, they are all pretty interesting and deserve to have a space here in my blog.

***

Imagine a whole year of looming deadlines, cram-jam time, sudden mishaps, and being around stress-inducing obnoxious people. All the negative vibe that comes with it could really take a toll on any baby-faced and wrinkle-free soul. That's why holidays were created, and it's there for a reason. It's not supposed to just come and go, I say we should all make the most out of it (I'm still very much in the holiday spirit, expect it to sizzle down right after the 'Three Kings' is over ^^;). It would be utterly nice if we could take a mini-break from reality and sort of immerse in the positivity it brings. I know a place to go where you could do just that.

I treated my whole family for a day at Manila Ocean Park. Ok I know it's cheesy and childish, and a trip to an Oceanarium isn't really an ideal thing to do. But my family enjoy doing this sort of thing you know, like visiting a place where we could all feel like a child again.


I've been to an Oceanarium thrice before. My first time was in Hong Kong Ocean Park a few years back and it was the most memorable. Manila Ocean Park was my fourth visit to a place with the same theme so I thought I've seen it all. But it also feels different this time because I was with my family. I felt their excitement as they ogle at different marine creatures they haven't seen before. What amused me the most were the mermaids who swam ever so gracefully, in sync with the 'Disney-ish' kind of music.


And she's my favorite.. She's the prettiest of them all. Look how she gamely poses for the camera, and how photogenic she is even underwater.


Here are some of the things you could see at the Park; amazing multi-colored corals that seem to glow.


Some giant clams..


And odd-looking fishes worthy to be featured on National Geographic.



Giant turtles lurking in every corner...


And huge stingrays that swam with the mermaids. Something tells me they shouldn't do so, it's stupid I know but it reminds me of Steve Irwin's death.. It's probably a different kind of stingray that killed him. Nobody wants to put those pretty mermaids in danger right?

Here's how the rest of the Ocean Park looks like at night.

We ended the night with an all-you-can-eat feast at our favorite buffet restaurant. It's amazing how the night stretches on. There were just too many things to talk about, too many jokes to laugh at, and too many fond memories to look back. We only realized it's time to go when the staff started turning off the lights!

0 comments: