6.25.2010

Anniversary Date.

Yesterday was our 5th year anniversary. I'm not sure if it's a side of Chris's zany culture I don't particularly get, but he likes to think of our anniversary as the day we first met. But knowing Chris who tends to forget his own birthdays and stuff, I wasn't expecting anything to happen that day. Besides, it fell on a Thursday which means he's busy as hell at work.

Later in the afternoon, I recieved a call from him saying he's gonna bring me somewhere and that I should be ready by 6:30 pm. I was elated by the fact that he remembered! So like a kid getting ready for prom, I spent the next few hours tinkering my very limited wardrobe for stuff I could wear. Well I couldn't find anything decent as most of it are either too large, too formal or too casual. So I just followed my sloppy instinct and wore something plain but comfortable, and prayed he wouldn't bring me to a place that has a dress code or something.

That night, he brought me to this place called Jeongjo-dong Street Cafe in Bundang - a village brimming with so many cute cafes and restaurants all clustered together (think Eastwood City on a much grander scale). We chose this restaurant called "Chic Ami" by the side of the main road and here's what we had:

Seafood Pasta in Cream Sauce.





Roasted Beef, Mushroom and Gorgonzola Cheese Pizza.




After dinner, we went to Cafe Pascucci for a kick of my favorite java, then we were off to explore the neigborhood some more.




Then we drove to a lake park not far from the cafe street. It was such a cute park with fountains and brimming with trees. We stayed there till midnight.



So that's how our special day went. It was simple but so damn memorable. Hope you all have a great weekend!

0 comments: