6.30.2010

Mads Langer-ed.

It's June 30th, end of the month. What a very tiring and daunting month it has been! I have spent the vast majority of the month mulling. Just mulling over everything that is going on in my life right now.. I can say with no hint of doubt in my mind that if I did not have my time alone I would either implode and self destruct, or go completely crazy. Neither particularly appeals to me.

I suppose I'm avoiding the underlyring issue of all this gloom and doom (I find it difficult to say the particulars, I hope you all understand). I am admittedly too fragile and too coward to deal with the entirety of it. So my old faithful, my tried and tested savior comes to light: MUSIC. It aids my focus, helps funnel my energy to things that are worth doing.

In this light, I wanna share a bit of the music I've been listening to: MADS LANGER - a Danish singer who has the ability to turn my mood from bad to pleasant. He's a genious artist and I'm smitten by him big time! My playlist from now on is going to be all about him.

All of his songs are pretty good, but my favorite remains to be "Beauty Of The Dark." A song I stumbled upon while watching Vampire Diaries. I don't particularly like posting lyrics of songs in my blog cause I think it's pointless.. But in this case, it gets to me.. so much that I'm willing to post it right here.

***

The beauty of the dark is the beauty of you
I dream of dreaming dreams of you but nightmares always block the view I can't sleep

The beauty of silence is the noise of no words
When everything I listen for is here when you walk in the door tonight


Where is the light in your deep dark room?
A shock of white could save you from your shadow
Why is the dark behind the moon?
Out of reach until the light is shattered


The ugly things I do for beauty
If you could see what's real in me then maybe beauty wouldn't be so cruel

Where is the light in your deep dark room?
A shock of white could save you from your shadow
Why is the dark behind the moon?
Out of reach until the light is shattered


If you wanna know more about Mads Langer, do check this site http://www.madslanger.dk/.

0 comments: