6.10.2010

In A Blue Funk.

May had been a splendid month filled with kick ass adventures. And as much as I want to write about it, I couldn't. I'm feeling downright depressed lately, and words about merrymaking and blithesome adventures are just the most awkward things to say right now. But before you guys put me on your suicide watch list, let me say that the reason for all this drama is fairly simple (and manageable I suppose). I gained some effin weight, and contrary to what I thought before, it isn't just PMS. It's real poundage from lack of exercise, reckless eating and bad choices of food.

When I weighed myself last night, I almost died when it read 60 (point something) kilos. Ok, I'm not gonna say what the 'point something' is as I intend to keep my dignity intact. Before I came here (roughly about 2 months ago), I weighed 58 kgs. Still pretty heavy as it is, but do you guys know I was 70 kgs before I started working out like crazy? People at the gym back home called me their '3-month success story', but it isn't the case anymore is it? It took a lot of effort to lose that much weight, so there's no way in hell I'm gonna let myself go again... After all, something HUGE is going to happen next year, and I intend to be in tip top share before the time comes.

Today, I enrolled in a gym and I'm absolutely determined to put that 80,000 won fee to good use. The guy who manages the gym is a bit creepy. He's nice and all, but I can't get over the fact that he asked me where I'm going to take a shower thrice today. Thrice ladies and gentlemen, and it sure as hell warrants the word creepy. After 2 grueling hours of strenuous exercise, I understood why. People there don't shower after working out. I was the only one to hit the shower, and it was only then that Mr. Creepy turned the water heater on. I'm not going to discuss this further, so let's all file this under "Water Conservation To Help The Environment", shall we?

Anyway, I'm utterly disappointed with my performance today at the gym. It's as though my muscles turned impotent at the sight of their machines. They are not really intimidating (I've seen more wicked ones at Fitness First back home), but somehow, I can't do the things I normally did before. I can't run and lift weights like I used to. My stamina is pretty low, and on top of that, I heard some weird cracking noise on my joint today. I haven't even even reached 30 yet, and my joints are already failing me... But cracking joints or not, I'm gonna do my effin best to reach my ideal weight of 50 kgs flat ~ with no point whatsoever!

0 comments: