I was suppose to write this entry a day earlier, but I was drunk. Not of alcohol but with all the media frenzy following the most unfortuitous hostage event that has happened lately. The rescue operation that followed is a record-breaker of sorts - in a sense that it showed just how pathetic and uninitiated we are in handling such situations. It's all over the news, all over social networking sites and I'm still feeling quite hangover-y from it. It's sitting in my chest, this uncomfortable feeling, and I want to give those stupid operatives a good slap to make it stop. And to add salt to fresh wound, there's also Venus Raj's catastrophic blunder during the Miss Universe pageant. In all honesty, I couldn't see the point why everyone's raving about how good we are in English. Just look at Venus Raj - purportedly the best among the crop, one who perfectly exemplifies class, grace and wit. She probably has the first two, a gorgeous face and a killer figure, but her obvious lack of wit and poor command of the English language just sealed the deal that we are indeed pathetic.
Anywhoodles, aside from all that crap that's making this week so arduously long, I'm feeling quite a bulbous cow today. The scales says I'm doing fine, 116 pounds as of late (remarkably), but these frequent trips to the grocery store, buying chips and pounds and pounds of chocolates like it's no one's business says I am. That's why I can't bring down my weight to 110. That's why I'm still a fat cow. I'm a junk food whore and a sugar junkie. I can't stop these awful cravings of epic proportions. My arms instinctively reach and my mouth opens at the sight of trans-fat laden chips and sugars, and before I know it, I'm down to the last crumb.
Ugh. So you see, I think too much and I eat too much. I hope you all are fairing better than I am. I'll be back tomorrow to finish details of the trip I had in Samcheok, Kangwondo that has long been overdue.

0 comments:
Post a Comment