8.30.2010

Samcheok Beach.


Although I visited Kangwondo a lot of times before, I cannot really boast familiarity with it. There are just so many places to see, so many things to do and endless possibilities to enjoy yourself to the hilt while you're there. With the vast majority of times we spent there, one would think we're tired of seeing the same old scenery but no. Kangwondo never disappoints. It never gets old. It never loses that certain mystique that envelops it. With each visit, it lets you have that moment to indulge in your inner child and grant you far grander experiences than the last.

My last visit happened a little over two months ago. That time we focused mainly around Samcheok area, getting high from feeling it's sunshine and looking at the clear blue skies being reflected in the sea. I suppose ' interesting', for lack of better words to put it, is an appropriate word to describe the day we spent at Samcheok Beach. To shine some light on how strikingly contrasting the two halves of my day were, the first half was spent lounging at a picnic mat by the side of the beach, wolfing down kimbap and mandu. It was a beautiful, perfectly sunshiny day. And though the water was far too cold for a swim, it didn't stop me from playing till half of my body was soaked. Here are fleeting glimpses of Samcheok Beach taken from my camera..











The other half was when it got bloody interesting ( I meant that with a hint of sarcasm). A few meters away from where we were resting, there's a large group of people hanging out. And as you all know, whenever there's a bunch of people hanging out at any given place, it's always Soju central. Koreans tend to drink to excess, and so a whole mish and mash of drink and drama ensued. Several arguments followed, some escalated into screaming girls, and one escalated into a physical fight between two burly tattooed guys. Both were completely smashed, their actions looked somewhat comedic. One ended up getting hurt and had to to be taken to the hospital. We left after sunset, disappointed that some people ruined an otherwise perfect evening.

I would love you tell you more, but right now I'm feeling a little squiffy from waking up too early. I'm constantly yawning and fighting the urge to take a nap. My head could only accommodate the most basic of thoughts so I'm signing off. Hope you all are having a great day, and that no one's contracting the Monday blues!

0 comments: