6.21.2008

Koreans in Phil

Whenever I go to a foreign country, I always try to act my best all the time because I feel like I'm representing the Philippines somehow. Same is true here in Korea, I try to be more polite, courteous, and open-minded to other people. Blame the television here for showing the Philippines as the land of the corrupt and poor so as much as possible, I always show the others that we Pinoys can be highly educated as well.

Korean people comprises the 2nd biggest tourist population in the Philippines, I wonder if they think the same way as I do when I'm here.. Are they being more polite, courteous, and open-minded when they are in a foreign land? It might be true for some, and not for others.

I've had more bad experiences with Koreans back in Manila than here so I thought they act differently when they are in their own country. People back home called them names for showing bad behavior or for acting rather differently but I don't blame them because there came a time when I was the one who cursed them the loudest!

I've made good friends here, and now I can say that they are really nice and fun-loving people. They can be very opinionated at times, loud, annoying, and narrow-minded but never the less, they still are somehow endearing.

0 comments: