11.20.2009

Sleepless in Suwon.

Although I love our city and all superfluities it brings, at times it really gets under my skin. I don't need a nagging boss to pump up my stress level to the hilt. Just picture this; crowded subways, rowdy uniform-clad students packing every square inch of the streets, drunk men acting like retards, and a neighbor who loves to play the piano until the wee hours of the morning (and waking up in the middle of the night hearing his rendition of Nocturne scares the crap out of me!). It doesn't help that there's always a new building being constructed/renovated and hearing earsplitting jack hammer noises all day long is part of the deal. These are the things that I have to deal with every single day, and let me tell you a daily dose of that could really make any sane person crazy in the literal sense of the word.

Whenever I'm stressed out, I would always ask Chris to go with me for a late night walk. During one of those therapeutic walks, we went to Ajou University. I spent a good three months studying in this institution. All of my classes were held in the afternoon and I was dead curious how the University grounds look at night. It didn't disappoint though. It looks even better with the moon, the stars, and all the cute little lamp posts. I sort of gave Chris a tour, and showed him the usual spots where my Norwegian friend and I usually hang out. When we got tired, we went to the picnic ground and stayed inside a gazebo to rest and soak up the scene. I grew hungry so Chris called our favorite Chicken place (it's on his speed dial ^^) and ordered a box of fried chicken and beer. We enjoyed the accidental picnic so much that we lost track of time, and before we knew it, it was already 2 am! We spent another hour taking pictures before heading home.

What's a better way to seal a romantic evening than take photos that'll forever remind you how perfect the night had been...







Wishing for more unexpected dates and romantic evenings like this one. :-)

0 comments: