11.29.2009

BITTEN!


I watched New Moon today, and after an excruciating and haphazardly dangerous week of waiting, I could finally tell myself that it's over with. As agonizing as it sounds, I purposely waited for a week after opening cause I expected it wouldn't be packed wall to wall anymore. But guess what?! Those multitude of Twilight fans (who are barely in their puberty) came in wicked digits, and it was nothing short of a pandemonium out there! You could even consider us lucky for getting a seat.

I can't really say that I was satisfied with the movie cause you know the thing about sequels, and also I'm not really a big fan of Chris Weitz. I know he could do better (or was the budget too small?). Good thing the movie has it's strengths (no matter how small it is), and although it's not enough to veil all the flaws, it kept us glued to our seats and refrained us from storming our way out and demanding a refund.

The only thing I love about the movie is seeing Edward in all his shirtless glory, nevermind Jacob.. I can't get over the fact that he has to wear platform shoes to look taller. There's also this kiss between Edward and Bella. I got to say it's wicked! Passionate yet gentle, almost "churchy" but also intense. Acting-wise I like the old Edward better when he was more highschool-ish, relaxed and upbeat. The movie may have called for a more serious type, but he came off a little too stiff. He totally needs to work on that or the next two movies would be a flop (but then again maybe not). Ok.. Why am I so darn hard to please?

0 comments: