
Living in a foreign land is never easy for anyone and even the simplest things seems to be complicated. I'm not complaining though cause there are a lot of perks that go with it. I do enjoy going to different places, meeting my friends, and travelling. I also like interacting with other foreign people here and I make it sure I share something about the Philippines and our culture. I'm doing my best to learn the Korean language or so I thought... Books are essential in learning here. Whenever I visit a local house I am in awe seeing their vast collection of books! Several shelves full of books is never a bad thing and it only shows how engrossed Koreans are when it come to education. I never had the chance to visit a bookstore here in Korea until this afternoon. I needed to buy a book for my Korean language study and upon the recommendation of someone, I visited a bookstore called Libro. It's funny cause in 'tagalog' it indeed means books. Libro may not be as big as National Bookstore back home but it's rather complete. You can always find the books that you are looking for and to my surprise, I even saw books printed in Russian, German, and French language. So I got the book which I need and got myself a couple of markers, you know... the ones used to underline some keyword for easier memorization... I got that habit from college and I believe it works!

0 comments:
Post a Comment