12.12.2007

Weekend Cruise














I spent my weekend visiting Wolmi-do in Incheon City for a night cruise. Incheon is not that far from Seoul and is easily accessible by subway. I have visited Wolmido exactly a year ago but I didn't have the chance to try the cruise. I spent the afternoon sightseeing the place and just before sunset I boarded the ship that took me around the whole island. I'm thankful it's not freezing cold that time!

There was this mascot-like symbol of Wolmido, and it's so cute I just have to take a pic... it kinda reminds me of 'blossom' from the power puff girls. There were also cute coffee shops, sashimi restaurants, hofs and bars to hang out (lots of drunk people too!). Just before sunset, I boarded the ship called 'Cosmos' and it's so big I wasn't able to get the whole view... I took a good look at the island while the ship is slowly turning away towards the sea... at night, the place transformed to a kaleidoscope of neon lights and bright colors... Inside the ship there were a lot of performers from around the world. Some are Chinese acrobats, Indian belly dancers, Russian dancers/performers, Koreans singers and a Band from Philippines (which sadly didn't perform that day that made me very disappointed)... The last performer is a Korean traditional singer. I'm glad I was able to watch this kind of performance. She's wearing a very cute white 'hanbok' which painfully reminds me of "Hwang Ji Ni" and ghosts in Korea.

It was a really good weekend and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm looking forward to seeing this place again! And hopefully, it wouldn't take another year.





0 comments: