12.14.2007

Cheesecake Chum




It has been a difficult week juggling through several appointments not to mention doing things around the house. I've been also sleeping late watching Heroes on PC but I'm glad I've already finished the end of Season 2. Damn those writer's strike in US, if it's not for them I might be well on my way to Season 3. Nice to know that I can finally breathe from all those things this weekend. But I do have a wedding to attend to this Sunday and that I have to go to Daegu. I feel somewhat obligated and I'd rather spend the weekend having a much needed rest but it's also important for me that I do not disappoint my friend. I've been having this craving for sweets back home and thought about making some. I considered making some home-style fruit salad but I've turned the supermarket inside out but I still can't find those damn condensed milk! Here in Korea, we only have fresh milk.. no evap or condensed whatsoever and the only powder formula available are for infants. Thought about making the ever-simple-refridgerator-cake which I so love back home but I haven't found graham crackers yet... Well, I could buy those in the Filipino market every Sunday but the price is 'so-unreasonably-expensive'! I gave up the craving for Filipino sweets and instead, settled to buy somethin from the bakeshop nearby...

0 comments: