12.04.2007

My friend's wedding (2)




I mentioned in my previous post before that I went to attend a friend's wedding at J's hotel in Daegu. It takes about 4 hours to get to Daegu so I went there one day earlier and I was hoping that I could do some sightseeing and visit some places there. It was 5 pm when I arrived so I couldn't do much except going to Palgong-san peak and see the whole of Daegu. Later that night I had dinner at a Korean traditional restaurant which is rather expensive but I had the most delicious samgyeopsal I've ever tasted! Tired and cold I've decided to retire early so I went on looking for a place to stay for the night but at that moment my friend (the groom) called to say that he and his bride made a reservation for me at the same hotel where the wedding is going to be held the following morning.


Upon entering my hotel room I was surprised to see two beds when I'm all by myself so I called him up and asked why he chose this room, but he said something like there are no other available room at that time. It looks like a typical 4-star hotel but for the very steep price of $170/night, I demand something more.


The following morning I woke up at 9 and hurried to get dressed and ran to the wedding hall where the wedding will take place. The bride looked pretty in her creme-colored cinderella-inspired bridal gown. I didn't recognize the groom at first cause he cleaned-up pretty well. He also wore creme-colored suit. The wedding was over in 30 mins and next came lunch at the reception hall where they served korean, american, italian, and japanese food buffet-style which were all not good except for the salmon sashimi.

Going back home took more than 4 hours but eventhough I was tired as hell I don't regret coming down to Daegu and witness a good friend's wedding. I sincerely wish him all the best.

0 comments: