7.03.2008

Remembering Macau




Macau is one of the administrative region of China (Hong Kong being the other), colonized by Portugal. A ferry from HK to Macau doesn't take more than an hour and a half. People in Macau can speak both Cantonese and Portugese I heard, but I never had a chance to hear someone speaking in Portugese.

Macau is a nice place to visit. The prices are much cheaper than in Mainland China or in Hong Kong (talk about stretching your already tight budget =). Food is great, be it traditional Cantonese dishes or Fusion. Going from one place to the other is easy, as there are tourist-friendly buses that'll take you to good places and other tourist spots. People are friendly and nice but talking in English might be a bit of a problem for the locals, but good thing there are lots of Pinoys there so you could always ask for directions.... Hotels are so-so (but be wary of cockroaches!!!), I still think the ones in HK are much better. It would be nice if I could pay Macau a visit again, though I don't know when.

0 comments: