It has been a week since I arrived in Manila. As soon as the plane landed, I thought about jumping on the next plane going back to Korea. The weather is unbelievably hot and humid that every minute feels like pure torture. I almost forgot that it's the 'summer season' here in the Philippines, and 29 degrees at 2 am is just as normal as a sudden drizzle in a very, very sunny day. My family was at the airport to pick me up.. The flight was delayed and everyone grew hungry from waiting, so we went looking for a restaurant at 3 am. We couldn't find a place near the airport so we drove towards Eastwood to "Something Fishy" for some 'wee-hour grub'. There's nothing extraordinary about the food there, but buffets like that has it's charm. In the middle of munching 'kakanin', tapsilog, and lumpia (it's a very weird combo, I know) I told them stuff about Korea like places I've been, things I saw, and people I've met. Then we talked about things that happened here in the Philippines while I'm away. We stayed at the restaurant chatting non-stop till the call-center employees started lining up for their early morning food fix and they started begging for extra chairs. When we arrived home, my mom served buko salad and ube cake from Goldilocks. I was already full but the ube cake made my mouth water.. It was almost sunrise when I went to my room. But no matter how tired I was, I couldn't sleep that day. Something's off with my old room.. I didn't feel comfortable at all. I'm missing Chris a lot, and I thought I needed some sort of distraction. So I kept myself busy doing these...
* From a very loud purple yam color, I had the walls of my room painted in a girly lilac tone. I originally wanted something different like lemon lime or tangerine, but my mom wanted a lighter tone. Both of us agreed with lilac..
* I bought new sheets, pillows, covers, and curtains that match the lilac walls.
* I got myself a sony PSP.
* I had my old monitor changed to an 18.5 LCD screen which I got at Gilmore's at a very cheap price. The old one is taking up too much space in my room.. ^^
* I went to a comedy bar with my friends, and Ethel Booba picked me (despite my very obvious resistance) as a stage contestant for some lousy game. It was extremely embarrassing.
* I enrolled in a gym, but I haven't tried working out yet.
* I'm taking care of a new dog named Akira.
Today is officially the start of Holy Week, so I'm putting some of my plans on hold. My mom is thinking about going on a trip somewhere this Holy Week, so it's one of the things I'm looking forward to.
4.05.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment