4.09.2009

In Memoriam.

It's my father's 2nd death anniversary today, April 9th. I can't believe two years have passed since he was taken away from us. The familiar pain is still there, and I wonder if it will ever go away. My father's passing is by far the most horrific, emotionally draining, personally devastating event I have ever experienced. I can't even begin to imagine how painful and how broken I was at that time. In my disillusioned, angry, and rebellious state of mind, I searched for answers and for something to alleviate the pain. His death at age 57 was all too sudden. We weren't prepared, although I doubt if someone could ever be prepared for such a thing. As a way to cope with things, I started an online journal and I began to write some of my past experiences while I tried to make sense of them all. I discovered that it's an emotionally cleansing, and inspirationally enriching outlet. I found solitude and healing in writing. It has become my ideal escape to things I'm not yet ready to tackle, and there are so many of them. Whenever I talk about my Dad, I still have that tendency to mope, but I didn't intend to write a sad post so enough of those.

We visited my father's grave today.. He was laid to rest at Himlayang Pilipino together with my grandparents. When I was young, I really enjoyed visiting Himlayan. It was a time I get to play with my cousins and eat as much ice cream as I want to. For some reason, my father likes buying Magnolia Ice cream whenever we go there. He wanted to make it as fun as possible for us so we wouldn't get tired of visiting there. I took some pictures at Himlayan today. The place still brings back a lot of good, sad, and bitter memories.














Some interesting facts about my father;

* He started driving at age 14. When his mother was about to give birth, nobody was there to drive her to the hospital. My father volunteered and brought her to the hospital just in time.

* He cooks the best "pinakbet" sans the 'bagoong' (he hates the funky smell of it^^).

* He reads the newspaper every single day from age 28.. not a day missed.

* He feels claustrophobic inside a movie theatre.

* He only listened to classical music.

* He could basically fix anything, so everyone in his family called him "jack of all trades"...

* He cooks the best fried chicken ever.

* He was a soccer player back in high school at Don Bosco. He was very proud that he led his team to the championship game in China. Unfortunately, they lost. T.T

0 comments: