
I'm in major pain after a visit to my dentist yesterday. My mouth feels like it was hit by a baseball bat, and I wasn't able to sleep last night without the aid of painkillers. Even if I don't want to, I'm forced to go on a liquid diet for the time being. Like I said before, I belong to those who aren't lucky to have a perfect set of teeth, and needed the help of an orthodontist. This is in fact my second gig with braces (and hopefully the last one) as the first one wasn't so successful.
So I had my braces adjusted, and the archwire changed to the thickest dimension. It's the last level of treatment, and I'll be free from wearing braces soon. Hopefully, after all this pain, mouth sores, and blisters, I'll have that perfect set of teeth I've always dreamed of. It's essential that I wear retainers for a year, and it's something I dread wearing as I know how uncomfortable it is to wear one. But if there's any consolation, I'm just going to wear it at night or some part of the day... Life with braces is not that easy. It requires a lot of patience, discipline and painful visits to the dentist. Soon it'll all be over, and I can't wait till my teeth are finally set free.

0 comments:
Post a Comment