***Another food post right here. I hope you're all hungry!
Two weeks ago, Chris and I went to Incheon to celebrate Children's Day. We don't have kids, but we thought it would be nice to celebrate it in our own little way. This Spring, he's been very busy at work and stress-free days are basically non-existent. He really needs to take a breather from work-related issues that suck the life and youth out of him. And when holidays are rare as a matron's menstruation (excuse me for the comparison ^^), we just can't stay idle at home and let it pass just like that.
That night he brought me to Heuksan-do Sashimi Restaurant which is right beside his old neighborhood in Incheon. When he was younger, he frequently visited this place with his family to celebrate special occasions. He said it's the best sashimi restaurant in town. I get it, this restaurant is filled with fun memories from the old days, and it may or may not be Incheon's finest, but that remark is enough to stir the 'foodie' in me.
Before entering the restaurant, he warned me that we're gonna eat till our tummies explode, and that I should kick my caloric conscience out of the window for that particular night.
This is the first set of appetizers they served.
And this is the second one.
I don't know what this sinful dish is called. Just think it's steamed tuna belly in spicy sauce. It's really, really good. The flavor is so rich and tasty. If you're on a diet, this is maybe hard to swallow. I prefer it grilled to make it a little less fatty.
This is San Nakji - or live, squirming octopus. Kinda gross for most people, but they love it here. It's kinda funny when you eat it, especially when the suction cups hit your tongue.
Some grilled seafood and buttered corn.
This is Al-bap or fish eggs in rice. It's really tasty, that is if you're not worried about cholesterol! It's one of my favorite rice dish in Korea.
And for the main dish - Hui or Sashimi. It was love at first bite! This is sahimi heaven right here...

0 comments:
Post a Comment