5.11.2010

Ode to Spring: Gokseong Train Village, Revisited.

Nothing peeves me more than listening to metal music. I absolutely abhor it's screechy sound - it reminds me of a cat in labor. During our 1,200 kilometer driving feat, it was Chris's music of choice (he digs it for reasons I could never fathom). Chris probably has the weirdest music collection. From 90's Metal, to Ace of Base, down to Michael Bolton... It's like he's stuck in a totally different era - an era before my first menstruation that is. Hearing that, I bet no one's gonna believe he just turned 30. I would love to educate his ears you know. Give him something current from the likes of Jimmy Eat World, Breaking Benjamin, even Paramore, but we don't have a jack for my mp3 player yet. Till then, my ears will bleed to the sound of screechy Rock Metal and Michael Grandfather Bolton when we travel.

So hours of driving led us to a place called Gokseong - a train village South of Cheolla province. No matter how many times we visit this place, it never gets old and there's always new things to see. Right now they have rail bikes but we skipped that. Our legs were way too tired to pedal anyway. Cheolla being in the Southern part of Korea is warmer by several degrees. I like that it's so much warmer there than Suwon. It kind of reminds me about Manila sans the humidity.

Here's the train that you could ride to tour the neighboring villages. I haven't tried riding this thing though...


Spring flowers are in full bloom in Gokseong. There are flowers everywhere exploding in so many different colors! It looks nice alright, but there are plenty of bugs too.. ^^;






A small crowd gathered while these boys are performing. I'm not sure if they're famous or anything but the crowd loved them. I saw several old people (halmmonis and halabojis mind you) dancing to their music. It's kind of odd since these boys are young and they played alternative music. :p


And here's what I had for lunch... It's a noodle dish in a very bland broth called Janchi Guksu. I only ate half of it...


As soon as I got inside the car, I switched on the radio. Chris didn't like it but Boseong is several hours away from Gokseong and I couldn't bear to hear another song from his collection.

0 comments: