During the festival, a standard room costs 100,000 won in Boseong, but it's half the price if you go there during the off-peak season. So what do you get in a room that expensive? Well, nothing really, just some basic stuff. No wifi, no whirlpool, not even free breakfast. But it has a balcony with a very good view. It's a good place to have wine in the evening... Stars, moonlight and crickets... Not so bad right?
I was looking forward to see the view when I woke up in the morning. And it didn't disappoint me.. It was beautiful and I love that crisp early morning air that smelled like freshly-mowed grass..
Visiting the green tea plantation was the first thing in our itenerary that day. Good thing the inn is not that far from the plantation.
Like I said in my previous post, Spring is the harvest season in Boseong. It's best to visit there in April, just before they harvest the leaves.. It looks spectacular then.
In Boseong, you just don't get to see postcard pretty places. There are also small villages at the foot of the mountain that will give you a glimpse of how people live in the countryside. I saw farmers toiling their field while their wives harvest the crops. During lunch time, they gather around at some shady spot to have lunch and drink makgeolli.
It's a very rural place and some villagers live in old houses like this.
I love how quiet and peaceful the village is. It's the exact opposite from the city where we live. There are also plenty of wildflowers like this.
Our last stop was Illimsan. The place is known for colorful azaleas that bloom in springtime covering almost every square foot of the mountain. But because the weather was still too cold, the flowers were still trapped in their buds. But flowers or no flowers, the mountain looks pretty amazing! Notice how colorful the trees are...
We couldn't leave Boseong and end our trip without tasting their local specialty. So for lunch I ordered Green Tea Mul Naengmyun. The essence of green tea is infused in this buckwheat noodle dish.
To eat it, just put a few drops of vinegar and mix. The noodle is really chewy and I could definitely taste the flavor of green tea in it. The color might seem a little weird, but I'm telling you.. it's sooo good! I haven't tasted anything quite like it.
This is the last part of my travelogue. I had fun narrating this wonderful, borderline quirky adventure to you guys. I hope you all enjoyed it!
*While writing this, it got me thinking.. I should totally work for Korea's Tourism Department.. I love to travel and share my adventure to the world anyway.. at least then I'll get paid for what I love doing. : )
Wish you all a great weekend!

0 comments:
Post a Comment