5.22.2010

Rice Cake For The Sick.

Remember the chestnut-filled pastry Chris brought from Japan? Well, it was so delicious that it triggered a serious craving for more chestnuts. So the other night I went to the supermarket to buy some. I didn't have any idea how to cook it, but I read online that it can be boiled so I boiled it. Peeling it was a disaster, but I was able to eat it anyway. Little did I know that something as innocent as a bag of chestnuts could have a violent reaction to my stomach. I was sick after, had diarrhea, and my stomach constantly growling in protest for what I ate. The next day, I was still sick and couldn't eat anything the whole day. Chris was worried sick that he called thrice that afternoon to check on my condition. When he came back home, he brought some rice cake for me. I had it with a cup of Oolong tea and somehow, it calmed my tummy. Maybe I was just hungry, but the tteok was really, really delicious! It was pillowy soft and chewy, unlike the ones I've tasted before. Heard he got from Dachae Tteok Zip - a specialty rice cake store. Do check the link if you're in for some cuteness overload. : )


0 comments: