So there we were at the optical shop and a doctor came to check my eyes. The first thing he asked is if I could understand Korean. I told him "a little", so he was forced to talk in broken English. Upon hearing his excruciatingly-hard-to-understand English, two guys came to assist him. They were younger and probably armed with more vocabulary than him. The older guy motioned me to position my face close to the machine, which I did. One of his assistants said "put your 'fit' here and 'close' your forehead.." Of course he was pertaining to my chin and my forehead should be close to the machine. They must have felt there's something wrong with the way they talked, so the next couple of exchanges were fairly simple. It went like this: "first time?", "dizzy?", "not dizzy?", "clear?", "unclear?" - all answerable by a simple yes or no. Chris should have acted as the interpreter but he was busy with the parking. When he came back and spoke to them, they all came to agreement that I really need to wear glasses. So we were led downstairs to choose the frame. There are frames in all shapes, sizes and colors and it was so damn hard to choose! The assistant must be fuming mad while waiting for me...^^ Among hundreds, I narrowed my choices down to three. * I know you guys are sick of seeing my face plastered on every post, but please keep your cool while staring at my photos stippled with a huge rash on the neck ok? (I had an allergic reaction from eating large amounts of seafood before this..)
So this was my first choice. The first time I wore it, I fell in love with it! Chris didn't like it. He kept on giving me unsolicited grandfather-ly advice that it looks too big on my face and that the black rim and plaid prints are too strong for my 'delicate' features (delicate daw oh..lols), so I had to give it up. Please don't tell me this one suits me better than the rest, I'm literally going to kill myself for not getting it!
This was my second choice. I love the funky neon pink and purple combo. I think I could pull this one off. I can imagine myself wearing it in pop concerts, shopping malls or doing household chores looking all cute and fabulous. However, Chris can't imagine me wearing it with a dress, so I had to give it up also.
And this frame was my third and last choice. It's the simplest, most basic of them all. Grandfather Chris loves the burgundy shade, he thinks it accentuates my light brown eyes. The assistant (who is awfully cute by the way) said it suits my face. So two votes against mine, there was no other choice but to get it.
It's a big, big move for me. From here on, I'm a different person - a bespectacled one, and I'm not sure if this new persona will suit me. So let me know what you guys think. Does it make me look smart? studious? or worse, old and ugly? But damn, if that's the case, I'm better off with a blurred vision for the rest of my life!

0 comments:
Post a Comment