Touring the village in Hahoe is super exhausting! All that walking under the heat of the sun drained all the energy in me. When you're used to Spring's cool weather, you can't expect your body to adjust to the heat in one day. Suddenly, visions of Samgyetang, Patpingsu, and a tall glass of ice-cold Coke flooded my head.. I don't normally drink fizzy drinks but that day, it seemed irresistible to my aching throat. But it was still early to eat, and we got a lot of exploring to do so I kind of put those visions to rest.
Weolyeonggyo was our next destination that day. I was tired as hell, but the place is so serene that I was able to rest just by looking at the surroundings.. Weolyeonggyo is also called "The Moonlight Bridge". It's the nation's longest walking bridge spanning 387 meters long and 3.6 meters wide, and both platforms and railings are made entirely of pine. At night, the moon's reflection can be clearly seen on the river, hence the name Moonlight Bridge.
5.27.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment